How it works....
Auctions will begin at 8:00 AM Mountain Time Thursday of each week, and end the following Wednesday at 12:00 NOON Mountain Time.
- If there are multiple bidders bidding at the close of the auction, the auction will be extended in 30 second intervals until there is no more competitive bidding.
- Click the big yellow "Register Now" button
- Enter your information in the fields, you must include a bank contact and phone number.
- If you made a mistake, the page will have a red box at the top with the issue in red.
- Once you successfully register, you will receive a welcome email, and be allowed to bid on the lots.
- Once you have registered, click the other big yellow button "enter auction"
- You will be taken to the auction page. From here you can see all available lots open for bidding.
- You can narrow your search by clicking on categories, or by using the "sort by" dropdown menu.
- You can change the default layout, from either grid, or list, based on your preference.
- Once you have found the lot that interests you, click on it, and you will be brought to the lot page.
- From here, you can place bids in 2 ways:
- Quick bid: This is one dollar incremental bidding, just like the sale barn, one click, one bid. Very simple, and straightforward.
- Max Bid: Below quick bid, you can type in a "Max Bid"
- Your max bid you enter is the MOST you would be willing to spend on this lot. The system will bid on your behalf, up to your maximum price.
- No one but you knows what this Max Bid is, it is kept confidential.
- If no one else bids, the system will not place any bids on your behalf.
- This works great if you cannot be there as the sale closes.
- By placing a successful bid, you are entering a binding agreement between yourself and NLVA. Bids for a particular item are subject to a minimum bid increment as posted. If you bid an amount below the minimum increment your bid will not be accepted. Once accepted, bids may not be retracted or cancelled and, upon acceptance by NLVA, constitute a binding agreement between the Buyer and NLVA. Bids for an item do not apply to subsequent offerings of identical or similar items. A bid that was unsuccessful may be reinstated if a problem arises with a higher bid. Bidders placing a winning bid through the site will be notified by e-mail.
- The current High Bid, and High Bidder will be visible to the site administrator, senior company staff, and the rep of the specific lot. Bidders/Buyers/Other reps will not know the identity of the current high bidder.
- Down Payment.
- All purchases will require a $100.00/head down payment due and payable at the conclusion of the auction. Those Buyers using satellite to purchase livestock will be required to wire transfer funds or send a check by overnight delivery the following business day.
- Settlement Payment.
- Acceptable payment is as follows: a check or wire transfer of funds. No drafts will be accepted as payment of livestock. If Buyer is not present at delivery, Northern Livestock Video Auction must receive payment no later than the following business day of delivery. This transaction can be done by either a wire transfer of funds or by overnighting a cashable check the day of delivery. In the event of multiple shipments, payment will be required on each day’s delivery. Any and all payments will be made to Northern Livestock Video Auction Custodial Account for Shipper’s proceeds.
- Down Payment.